| Although a
non-commercial site, we think it could be useful to mention goods
and services available to the American (and English-speaking)
community in Paris and which could correspond to some of the
needs of the visitors of the site, in addition to our favorite
Here are some examples,
most of them are American-run businesses :
||Flying to France
- France Just For You is specialized in self-drive tours in France: B&Bs, transportation & activities off the beaten path. Enjoy a warm French welcome!
- Book the Paris Pass with GetYourGuide.com and get free
entry to over 60 attractions in Paris! Skip the line, save time and
get great value for money!
- Weather in Paris
- French-Culture-Adventures : a guide to traveling beyond the superficial touristy experience
- Travel and tourism guide to France - About France.com, a guide to France for travellers, tourists and students
- Travel and general
information portal about France covering an increasingly
wide range of topics
- Lost-in-France : Online magazine for expats anywhere in France,
lively discussion forum, articles, help & advice, directory
of English speaking trades & businesses, holiday accommodation,
online photo albums, classifieds, chess and much more. All Welcome!
- A good site
for Japanese visitors in Paris...
- Anita Owens-Bertuzzi has an
interesting site (for French people) to plan an unusual trip to
| Services for travellers
- A friendly, informative and free to use forum for expats in France, people with holiday homes here and Francophiles everywhere.
- Expatriates in France : The trusted community & guide for expatriates living in France. Offers to become a member of InterNation’s France expat community to connect with like-minded expatriates in France!
- Enjoy your stay in Paris serenely
thanks to Easymetros,
the metro map that speaks to you. With this ingenious device,
don't be lost any longer in metro, RER and tramway in Paris and
Frantastique provides daily, fun, personalized French lessons which adapt to your level and interests. 10-15 minutes a day is all it takes to improve your French over the long-term. Sign up for our 7-day free trial and laugh while you learn!
||The French Lesson is a language school offering private French courses with a qualified
|team of professors, each focusing on different subject matters ranging from French history to literature, arts and culture. Our main focus is achieving language objectives of each student with Paris as the the primary topic. Our classes take place in the most beautiful places of the city, many of them unknown to most visitors and even most Parisiens. Our customers are adult learners from different walks of life: professionals, retirees, expatriates or anyone finding themselves in Paris for an extended period of time and desiring to study French and learn about the French culture.
- Photo tours of Paris : learn about French history and improve your camera skills !
- Paris Guide : your Paris travel guide to all that there is to see when visiting the city of light.
- A Paris Travel - a good source for group tours, private tours, and trip planning for your travel to France.
- Paris Tourist guide is a complete guide with all the amazing historical places, best restaurants, hotels, etc.
Paris on a bike with Mike's
- Paris Through Expatriate Eyes : insider cultural tours for small discerning
- See the Paris and France few
visitors ever see, driven in comfort with a cultured, multilingual
Luxury Tours evinces those qualities of France that are dear
to the entire world and makes them accessible to visitors who
may not speak French.
- Visit Paris in a cute 2 CV (the"sardine-can"
- Discover some of the most beautiful
monuments of Paris, such as the Eiffel Tour, the Louvre or the
Notre-Dame Cathedral on a sightseeing boat
tour on the river Seine
- Visit the city's
Products, activities and English-speaking businesses
- American and English Bake Ware in Paris
- A handy English-language tool that helps small and medium sized businesses find office space in France.
- An American webstore: "The 1-stop online shopping for your American food and goodies"
- Enjoy a glass of Champagne at Flutebar Etoile
- Founded by two former network news television correspondents,
online site for active baby boomers with tips on money, health,
relationships and a good living and literary section.
- Parisdom.biz : relocation, tourist and legal services
- The directory
of English-speaking businesses in and for France that embraces
all aspects of life in France including buying & maintaining
property, finance, the law, services, tourism for English-speakers
living in or visiting France The guide to service providers for
residents, property buyers and tourists listing contacts to resolve
your everyday problems.
- PoloRoom is a nice Restaurant and Martini Bar,
close to the Champs Elysées, run by Ken Hood.
- If your dog understands only English....
- New services for parents and part-time job positions for students available! Baby-speaking provides baby-sitting services exclusively in foreign languages, by selected and trained foreigners. The frame of the service is supervised by a team of researchers in child bilingualism.
- Looking for an Anglophone music
school in Paris?
- A club for people interested
and touring information to Paris, the French provinces and other
- Intelligent shopping in France...
- Attend an auction
Salle Drouot, every day...
for a Day program : Cooking class with Sue Young
- The first English-speaking concierge
in Paris !
paintball near Paris ! Paintball-connexion
(2, bis rue Victor Hugo 95650 Boissy l'Aillerie Tel : 01.34.42.68.68
Fax : 01.34.42.76.36) offers 50 free balls to the visitors of
this Website !
- Rue Amandine : Discover and experience Paris in the real parisian way: apartments to rent in Paris and all the services and assistance to make the most out of your stay and to make you feel Parisian!
|Service for travelers
- Parcelshipper offer discount shipping to and from the UK
- View your US postal
mail online, from anywhere around the world
- Hand-on cooking school
- Student exchange, with ELCD, an organization in the South-West
of France, to facilitate
direct individual homestay exchanges and homestays only between
students or people of all ages and from all walks of life.
headed by Dr. Will Clower, author of The Fat Fallacy, is a weight
loss plan inspired by French cultural eating habits. The PATH
is a 13-week course showing how Americans can adapt those healthy
habit to life in our rapid fire culture - and lose weight
To top of the
Back to home
Rochefort writes articles and books about France and the French.
Order her books:
- "Joie de Vivre", Secrets of Wining, Dining and Romancing like the French, St.Martin's Press, New York, 2012
- "French Toast, An American in Paris
Celebrates The Maddening Mysteries of the French", St.Martin's Press,
New York, 1999
- "French Fried, The Culinary Capers
of An American in Paris", St.Martin's Press, New York, 2001
More on Harriet's
(excerpts, upcoming events, testimonials, etc..)
This page contains links to services which, for one reason or another, have been considered potentially useful for the visitors of this site. However, this site has no commercial purpose and I hold no respnsibility for any incident which could happen with any of them.
If you like
this site, please bookmark it or create a link!